Brother has reniged on a decision causing a dilemma.
We have our niece and nephew visit us every year. This year our 17 year old niece asked if her boyfriend could come along and her parents (my sister and brother-in-law) were ambivalent. Through a series of miscommunications (and rather wishful thinking on my niece's part) it turns out the boyfriend's family bought the ticked unbeknownst to us or my brother-in-law and his wife. In an emergency meeting the night before the trip, everyone decided that it would be ok if the boyfriend flew the 800 miles to visit with us. We have been happily hosting him, along with our niece and nephew, for two days. We received a call today from my brother-in-law today saying they changed their mind and want the boyfriend to leave immediately and they will pay for it. Neither his parents, nor I want him to leave. What do we do?
Comments for Brother has reniged on a decision causing a dilemma.