Addressing daughter in law

by Ellen Hill,
(big rapids michigan)

My son died several years ago. We had an estranged relationship. I am not close to my daughter in law, but send birthday and Christmas cards containing monetary gifts. She recently remarried. I was not invited and do not know her husband. How do i address a christmas card to her. I do know her new name.

Comments for Addressing daughter in law

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Holiday Card
by: Ms P Etiquette

Hello, Ellen,​

​Please send her a card with a personal note wishing her a happy holiday and happiness in her new marriage. If she responds, then you two may want to stay in touch. It would be poor form to abruptly stop your previous routine, but extremely polite to allow her to be the one making that decision.

​Ms. Practical Etiquette​

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Miss Manners.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Search Our
Family of Sites

Translate the Page

Find Your Roots


Follow Us on

Become a
Facebook Fan