Addressing sympathy card

by Ziva
(Yucca Valley, California )

The mother of my nieces husband passed away. They live in a different state and we are not close, how do I address the card? He is a lawyer, my niece is a doctor, in this case should I addressed the card to him and family? Thank you.

Comments for Addressing sympathy card

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Addresing Sympathy Card
by: Ms P Etiquette

Hi Ziva,

Thank you for your question. Your connection to the deceased is through your niece you should address the card to both as Mr (His First Name) and Dr (Her First Name) (Last Name if they both use his last name) or Mr (his first name, last name) and Dr (her first name, last name).

Hope this helps.

Ms. Practical Etiquette

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Miss Manners.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Search Our
Family of Sites

Translate the Page

Find Your Roots


Follow Us on

Become a
Facebook Fan