by Rachel
(Miami Fl)

I have a married daughter who is estranged from our family. Her father and I, wish to send her and her husband a simple, happy anniversary. My dilemma is how to sign it. Love mom and dad? It feels awkward because of our son in law. Any ideas?

Comments for Anniversary

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Card Signature
by: Ms P Etiquette

Hello Rachel,

This is a difficult situation, I know, but not impossible. If you love your daughter and she loves her spouse, then sign the card that way. You are her parents. Sign the card according to your feelings for your daughter. How she receives it is her own problem. My sympathies to you both for the estrangement. Parenting is never easy, is it?

Ms. Practical Etiquette

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Miss Manners.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Search Our
Family of Sites

Translate the Page

Find Your Roots


Follow Us on

Become a
Facebook Fan