Ex-step children

by Elaine

My son is divorced. His ex-wife had 2 children from a previous marriage. I have no contact with these children but do continue to send them birthday cards. How should I sign the card? "Grandma" no longer seems appropriate.

Comments for Ex-step children

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Card Signing
by: Ms P Etiquette

Dear Elaine,

If these children know you as Grandma, it is fine to sign the card that way. If they have more than one grandmother, you might add a second name like Grandma Elaine, to distinguish your relationship.

It is lovely to stay in touch and the kids probably enjoy hearing from you. You do not have to divorce the children!

Ms. Practical Etiquette​

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Miss Manners.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Search Our
Family of Sites

Translate the Page

Find Your Roots


Follow Us on

Become a
Facebook Fan