Former teacher

by Deenie
(Grand Rapids)

How does a former teacher and her husband sign their names on a wedding card to her former student?

Read more at:
Copyright ©

Comments for Former teacher

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

by: Ms P Etiquette

Hello Deenie,

There is no eitquette rule for this situation. Please sign the card in a way that relates to the recipient. For example, John Smith and Miss Deenie or Miss Smith if that is how this former student knew you. Or just sign with your individual names: John Smith and Deenie Smith so you acknowledge the former relationship separately. If you were not married when you taught this person, put your maiden name in your signature if possible.

Ms. Practical Etiquette​​

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Miss Manners.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Search Our
Family of Sites

Translate the Page

Find Your Roots


Follow Us on

Become a
Facebook Fan