How do I address a card to our daughter and son in law

by Sue Owens
(St. Louis, MO)

I want to send a Christmas card to my/our daughter and her husband. We have a wonderful relationship with our son inlaw but he doesn't call us mom and dad. We certainly understand that and it doesn't botter us at all. However, I don't know how to address the card. Of course our daughter calls us mom and dad but he calls us by our first names. How do I sign the card? In the past I have signed it mom and dad A.K.A. Tom and Sue with a smiley face after it. I really don't want to continue doing that. How should we sign the card?

Comments for How do I address a card to our daughter and son in law

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Christmas Cards
by: Ms P Etiquette

Hello Sue,

This is a common question and one I have personally faced as well. Here is what I do: I sign the card "Love Mom/My first name. You can eliminate the AKA since Sue is your real name! Now I have a granddaughter so I have to sign 3 names when I send one card!!

Ms. Practical Etiquette

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Miss Manners.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Search Our
Family of Sites

Translate the Page

Find Your Roots

Meet Your Ancestors

Follow Us on

Become a
Facebook Fan