More and more people are turning to online dating services to meet the perfect date. Usually, the lack of time to socialize makes it more practical to meet new friends and potential life mates through the internet.
Most online services offer a complete screening of their members as well as personality matches, so the overall online experience is a positive one. Nevertheless, it is always smart to follow these suggestions:
1) Do your research before signing on a dating service. Make sure it is a serious one.
2) Be honest when you write your profile and post your picture. If you want honesty from others, the best way to claim it is giving it first.
3) Be courteous with your new friends, whether you are interested in getting to know them or not.
4) If you are not interested in one person, respond to his/her message with your regrets. Do not leave the person waiting for your response.
5) Respect yourself. Never respond to rude messages. If they turn offensive, report them to the service management.
6) Do not give out your personal information. Trust is built over time. Be careful.
7) If you decide to meet someone, do it in a public place during daytime. One or two hours is enough time to know if you really want to keep seeing this person or not. And do not forget to tell a person you trust, friend or family member, where you are going and when you expect to be back.
8) Always trust your instincts.
We would love to hear it! Share your experience about how good dating etiquette has made the difference for you!