Wedding Gift Etiquette
There are some wedding gift etiquette guidelines to follow, as a wedding also means gifts. Couples usually go to a store and open a wedding registry, where guests can go and choose one of the items as a gift and send it to the happy couple. This is usually the easiest way of choosing a gift. Others will rely on word of mouth or a website. Scroll to the bottom of the page for a few wedding gift ideas. Below are some etiquette guidelines to consider when choosing a gift.
Here they are:
1) Do not mention gifts or gift registry or gift preferences on the wedding invitation. Use word-of-mouth or a wedding website. Some stores have a web page for each couple, so guests can choose, pay, and send the gift directly online.
2) If you are having a wedding shower, you can mention your gift preferences on this invitation.
3) If you prefer cash or gift certificates as a wedding gift, let your guests know by word-of-mouth or on your wedding web site.
4) Do not use or wear any of the wedding gifts before the wedding.
5) If you cancel your wedding, all gifts must be returned, including the wedding shower gifts.
6) For renewal of vows, gifts are not required. But they would be nice ...
And don't forget writing "thank you" notes for each of your gifts!
Wedding Gift Ideas
Below you will find several sources for Wedding gifts. If you do not find exactly what you are looking for, click on the store name to go directly to the store's website to search more easily. You can also go to the couple's registry for ideas, and then come back here to see fi you can get your selected item at a better price.
If you are a coupon or deal shopper
, you will now find the latest deals and coupons from our various partners. In addition, there is a search box that will help you locate a specific deal or coupon for what you are looking for. If a code is needed, click on the box, and it will reveal the code and take you to the store. If no code is needed, simply click on the box, and a new window will open for the store.
Have A Great Story About Wedding Etiquette?
We would love to hear it! Share your experience about how good wedding etiquette (including engagement, rehearsals, invitations, and everything related to the wedding) has made the difference for you!
Top of Wedding Gift Etiquette
Home to Practical Etiquette
Return to Wedding Etiquette