There are some wedding gift etiquette guidelines to follow, as a wedding also means gifts. Couples usually go to a store and open a wedding registry, where guests can go and choose one of the items as a gift and send it to the happy couple. This is usually the easiest way of choosing a gift. Others will rely on word of mouth or a website. Scroll to the bottom of the page for a few wedding gift ideas. Below are some etiquette guidelines to consider when choosing a gift.
Here they are:
1) Do not mention gifts or gift registry or gift preferences on the wedding invitation. Use word-of-mouth or a wedding website. Some stores have a web page for each couple, so guests can choose, pay, and send the gift directly online.
2) If you are having a wedding shower, you can mention your gift preferences on this invitation.
3) If you prefer cash or gift certificates as a wedding gift, let your guests know by word-of-mouth or on your wedding web site.
4) Do not use or wear any of the wedding gifts before the wedding.
5) If you cancel your wedding, all gifts must be returned, including the wedding shower gifts.
6) For renewal of vows, gifts are not required. But they would be nice ...
And don't forget writing "thank you" notes for each of your gifts!
We would love to hear it! Share your experience about how good wedding etiquette (including engagement, rehearsals, invitations, and everything related to the wedding) has made the difference for you!