Wedding Shower Etiquette
Wedding shower etiquette will help with the planning of one of the important events leading up to the "big day". Hosting a wedding shower helps the future couple with their needs for their future home and lives together. The presents are not as big as the wedding presents, but they still have a practical use.
Here are some guidelines:
1) The mother of the bride, the mother of the groom or the sisters of the bride and groom do not host wedding showers. It is impolite to do so.
2) Do not host a shower for yourself. This is even more impolite than if your family members host it for you (see point 1 above).
3) The maid of honor and the bridesmaids usually attend all showers, but only give gifts once.
4) Invite to the shower only people invited to the wedding (except for the office shower).
5) If several showers are hosted for you, make sure the people invited to them are not the same: one person gets one invitation to one shower. It is impolite to invite the same person to two or more parties, since you will be asking that person two or more gifts.
6) Any place is good to host a wedding shower. Saturday afternoons guarantees more attendance.
7) Do not use or wear the gifts given to you at the showers before your wedding.
8) Keep track (or ask someone to do it for you) of all attendees to your showers to send them a “thank you” note.
Wedding showers are fun and take some of the stress related to the wedding away from the bride.
Enjoy your parties, your gifts, but especially enjoy all your wonderful friends who enjoy your happiness as much as you do.
Sources for Wedding Shower Invitations
Below you will find several sources for Wedding Shower Invitations. If you do not find exactly what you are looking for, click on the store name to go directly to the store's website to search more easily.
If you are a coupon or deal shopper
, you will now find the latest deals and coupons from our various partners. In addition, there is a search box that will help you locate a specific deal or coupon for what you are looking for. If a code is needed, click on the box, and it will reveal the code and take you to the store. If no code is needed, simply click on the box, and a new window will open for the store.
Have A Great Story About Wedding Etiquette?
We would love to hear it! Share your experience about how good wedding etiquette (including engagement, rehearsals, invitations, and everything related to the wedding) has made the difference for you!
Top of Wedding Shower Etiquette
Home to Practical Etiquette
Return to Wedding Etiquette