by Carl Blair

How do you address an envelope for a woman whose husband has died?

Comments for Widow

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

by: Ms P Etiquette


You may address this as Mrs Jane Jones, but not with her deceased husband's name. If she wishes to continue using Mrs John Jones herself, that is her personal choice.

Ms. Practical Etiquette

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Miss Manners.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Search Our
Family of Sites

Translate the Page

Find Your Roots

Meet Your Ancestors

Follow Us on

Become a
Facebook Fan